Tuesday, 6 October 2015


Nigeria's President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki has formally unveiled the much anticipated list of Ministers.
At plenary today, Senator Saraki read president Buhari’s communication, which was forwarded to the Senate on the 30th of last month.
The list, includes Dr Chris Ngige, Dr Osagie Ehaneri, Dr Ibe Kachickwu, Engineer Suleiman Adamu, Dr Kayode Fayemi, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Lai Mohammed, Honourable Ahmed Musa Bello, Ibrahim Usman Jibrin, Senator Hadi Serika, Senator Udoma Udo-Udoma.

Others are Babatunde Fashola, Rotimi Amaechi, Abubakar Malami, Abdurahman Bello Dambazzau; Aisha Jumai Al Hassan; Adebayo Shittu;  Solomon Dalong; Rotimi Amaechi; Chief Audu Ogbeh and  Mrs. Amina Ibrahim.

The names were among the first batch of 21 nominees forwarded to the senate by President Buhari last week.      

Monday, 5 October 2015


Insulting President Robert Mugabe on social media is a risky business, as a Zimbabwean man who's been arrested for posting a message to the wrong WhatsApp group will no doubt testify.
Nduna Matshazi, a Councillor for the opposition Movement for Democratic Change, says he sent on a message about Mugabe "by mistake", the state-owned Chronicle reported this weekend.
Instead of sending it to a political chat group, Matshazi posted the message to a group of Councillors for the rural district of Bubi in southern Zimbabwe.
The group's administrator, who is not being named, reported him to the police.
It's not clear exactly when Matshazi was arrested nor in which police station he is being held.
President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe 
According to the Chronicle, which is published in Bulawayo, the message is a parody of the Lord's Prayer in the Bible. The administrator of the Whatsapp group says the prayer is "twisted to demean and attack the president."
Zimbabwe's insult laws were declared unconstitutional by the Constitutional Court in 2013 but justice minister Emmerson Mnangagwa (who is now vice president) said they were necessary and needed to stay in place.
Commenting on the arrest, a reader posted on the Bulawayo24 news site: "Do not trust open chat groups that are easily infiltrated."

Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Over 2 Schools, clinic burnt down in protest

SOUTH AFRICA: Three schools and a clinic were burnt down during a service delivery protest in Atamalang near Delareyville on Wednesday, North West police said.
Captain Paul Ramaloko said protesters, demanding electricity torched ten classrooms at the three schools in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
“Five classrooms were burnt at one school, four classrooms at the second school and one classroom was torched at another,” he said.
Schools, clinic burnt down in protest
Four people were arrested for malicious damaged to property, they were expected to appear in court on Thursday, he said.
“Five classrooms were burnt at one school, four classrooms at the second school and one classroom was torched at another”
North West education department spokesman Elias Malindi said schools in the area were affected.
“Learners did not come to school as results of the protest. The situation here is bad, there are no people on the streets,” he said.
He said the roof of one school looked as it was blown away by a heavy explosion.

Monday, 28 September 2015

President Buhari to send supplementary budget to National Assembly

President Muhammadu Buhari has concluded plans to send a supplementary budget to the National Assembly.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, disclosed this yesterday. Adesina was answering questions on what the Federal Government would do since it had exhausted its borrowing limit in the 2015 budget and the Debt Management Office had continued to issue fresh government bonds and treasury bills. 

MUHAMMADU BUHARI, President, Fed. Republic of Nigeria

The presidential spokesman said the Ministry of Finance had already prepared a letter to be sent to the National Assembly, suggesting a supplementary budget for the country. He said the supplementary budget, once approved, would then empower the DMO.


     Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has asked Nigerians to rise up against all divisive actions.
     At the Interdenominational Church Service to herald Nigeria’s 55th Independence celebration, Professor Osinbajo implored religious and  political leaders to stop the politicization of religion.
     He stressed that the current terror activities in parts of northern Nigeria goes beyond ethnic or religion.  Professor Osinbajo said improving the livelihood of  the very poor Nigerians must be central in our thoughts. 
He took time out to commiserate with victims of the stampede in the Mecca stampede. Professor Osinbajo prayed that at 55, Nigerian should experience double favours, as the figure five stands for grace.  In a sermon earlier, the Catholic Bishop of Kafanchan, Joseph Bagobiri chided Islamic clerics and political leaders in northern Nigeria for failing to condemn insurgency, when it mattered most. Bishop Bagobiri said as a nation, Nigeria must begin to do things right, for God to renew his blessings for us


Prof Yemi OSIBANJO, Vice President Fed. Republic of Nigeria

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has appealed to Nigerians to support current efforts at ending insurgency in the country.    
The Theatre Commander, Operation “Lafiya Dole”, Major-General Yushau Abubakar, made the request in a press interview. He said the military cannot succeed alone, without useful information from the public.
Major-General Abubakar equally appealed to affluent organisations and individuals to help the military with logistics to aid the anti-terror campaigns. He further appealed to Nigerians to be extra vigilant.
Meanwhile, the 7th division of the Nigerian Army has lifted the restriction of movement in Borno and Yobe states. The restrictions were imposed before the Eid-el-Kabir festivities to forestall terror attacks.  A statement by the military urged residents to go about their lawful activities and to be extra vigilant.


The Presidency has restated that the September 30 target set by President Mohammadu Buhari for the appointment of Ministers would be met.
The Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, gave the reassurance with reacting to apprehension on the issue, which is compounded by the current saga at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, involving the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has renewed his administration’s total commitment to the rehabilitation and well-being of all victims of Boko Haram attacks in Nigeira. 

Muhammadu Buhari, President of the Fed. Republic of Nigeria

President Buhari’s resolve was contained in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu. Buhari was responding to insulations that the Nigerian delegation to the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly missed a major meeting on displaced persons in New York. He stressed that security of lives and property, improvement of the socio-economic well being of Nigerians were key to his administration. President Buhari added that these issues had been central in his discussions with other world leaders throughout his visit to New York.

Monday, 21 September 2015


Reports say several persons were last night feared killed in multiple bomb explosions which rocked Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
According to residents of the town, two of the bombs which were planted at a mosque, exploded at about 7.30p.m. when the Muslims gathered to observe their prayers.
The other explosion occurred almost simultaneously at a close distance from the mosque at a joint where teenagers gathered to play computer games.

There is no official confirmation as to the number of casualties but a statement from the acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman, said the attacks signified the level of desperation on the part of the Boko Haram terrorists. Unofficial sources put the casualty figure at above fifty.